Search The Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

To Slay The Giant Sins 02

Just three short days ago, I began keeping a prayer journal. These next three posts will describe my last three days...

I'm bad at note-taking, but I love to write. It is here that I will begin a diary, not of my life but of THE LIFE. Perhaps if I see God work and move, then I will better grasp what it means to have my faith and love fed by gratitude.

So as of August 20, 2013:
INTROSPECTION: I struggle with lust, laziness, jealousy, pride, inconsistency, lying, anxiety, procrastination, too much self-awareness, procrastination, unresolved emotions, and two-facedness.

Even as I write, branches of these sins come to mind. I've been reading John Piper a lot. I need faith. BIG FAITH. And I pray to God that I will have faith that slays giant sins - not the action only but the desire. The thoughts. The feelings.

God, give me that power, love, and sound mind from 2 Timothy 1:7. Strip away the fear; grant me a soul of faith. If faith is your purifying agent, cleanse this grey heart with your bleach-like blood.

~The Fragile Grey Heart

 2 Timothy 1:7: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control."

No comments:

Post a Comment