Search The Blog

Friday, August 23, 2013

My Earnest Plea 01

By way of introduction, my name is Cailean Williams, and I am a blood-bought believer of an extraordinary Man: Jesus Christ. Without Him, I would be nothing. This blog is going to be dedicated to Him, recording the journeys I will take as my Savior leads me gently by the hand. If nothing else, let this be a testimony to the faithfulness of my Lord to me, so in times of doubt, there may be a record to reflect upon, lest I turn away discouraged.

The Fragile Grey Heart refers to human existence. Christians are different from other people in only a handful of ways. We need God as much as anyone, and we know it. I find myself physically, mentally, and emotionally weak when I experience long droughts from Christ. So we are fragile, broken people until the return of our glorious Lord. Come quickly to us, Jesus. This fallen world has such a bitter taste in our mouths when we compare it to Your perfection. And the grey refers to the state of our hearts. Never perfect, but always striving for obedience through the power of the Holy Ghost. Lord, we will not stay fragile and grey. For You, O God, are our song, our joy, our love, and our hope. Soon, when You break the clouds apart with your glory, our fragile, grey hearts will be transformed into unshakable hearts of the purest wool.

And in the meantime, we will wait patiently for You and resolve to live our lives as best we can to enjoy You more. For to enjoy You and to have our every thirst satisfied by You is to glorify You. My earnest plea till the day I die is that I will constantly have you in my mind, "looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith" (Hebrews 12:2).

~The Fragile Grey Heart

Hebrews 12:2: "Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment