Search The Blog

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lacey's Tiny Heart 06

August 24, 2013
Today, I heard again the song "Tiny Heart" by Flyleaf, sung by Lacey Mosley, which speaks volumes about the fragile grey heart. I wonder how many other Christians feel like their hearts are fragiled and just a little tainted. Listen to the words of Flyleaf, and see if you feel like the Lord is pursuing you.

"Tiny heart, stuck inside yourself. When will you open up to Me? I love you so I wanna meet you again before one of us must go.

Your lips touched every hand but Mine. If you choose Me, I'm waiting for you. If you choose Me, I'm waiting for you. Always waiting.

Tiny heart, you're not by yourself. When will you recognize the beat of My own heart, grieving in your hand? You crush Me when you run that way.

Your lips touched every hand but Mine. If you choose Me, I'm waiting for you. If you choose Me, I'm waiting for you. Always waiting.

You will never know what you have done to Me. And you will never know losing love from Me. And you will never know a single day alone. Tiny heart, stuck inside yourself. When will you open up?

Your lips touched every hand but Mine. If you choose Me, I'm waiting for you. If you choose Me, I'm waiting for you. Always waiting."

Lacey Mosley understands the idea of the Fragile Grey Heart. Come to Jesus, and He will satisfy your introverted, wandering heart. Perhaps this is a myth, but I seem to recall that Robert Robinson - author of the old hymn Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing - had himself a fragile grey heart, but one day on a train, he heard a woman singing "Prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love." This encouraged him to love God more, which is my deepest and most consistent prayer. Draw my tiny heart in, Lord!

~The Fragile Grey Heart

Psalm 119:10: "With my whole heart I seek You; let me not wander from Your commandments!"

No comments:

Post a Comment