Search The Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Root Of Pride 08

August 26, 2013
INTROSPECTION: My lack of faith is my worst sin. It is the root of all others. A lack of faith creates pride. And vice versa, I believe. God, if there be any wicked way in me, correct it! And when You reveal it to me, don't let me become discouraged. Rather, let Your glory shine so brightly that I cannot help but follow You!

I do not share the Gospel as much as I need to. This stems from several problems for me. First: I am afraid. I fear man and their opinions. Inversely then, I am valuing my own reputation far too much which is pride. And we have already claimed that pride is a version of UNBELIEF.

Second, I over-analyze a conversation that MIGHT happen. Is God real? Is homosexuality really a sin? Why does God let bad things happen to good people? I am not allowing God to guide my words, which again stems from UNBELIEF.

And third, I am not in love enough with God. I don't find Him precious enough to share. And if faith is a result of satisfaction (John 6:35), then my lack of love for God comes from UNBELIEF.

Lord, I thank You for the work You have done through my life already, but don't stop there! Let your love coarse through my heart! Because of Your great and wondrous works, I will raise the cup of my heart to You again. Fill my life, Lord Jesus!

Amen.

~The Fragile Grey Heart

Psalm 139:23, 24: "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!"

No comments:

Post a Comment